Gymboree Children's Clothing      
Trying to leave a comment?
Click on the the post's link (title). 
A facebook form is at the bottom.

Recipe: Crunchy Potato Burritos

May 11, 2011

In Highschool I worked for a fast food Mexican restaurant, Taco Bueno. Where I'm from there are quite a few tex/mex fast food joints but "Bueno" is the best and most authentic tasting. Working behind the scenes I got to see why. Aside from the condiments the meat, beans, chips,were all made fresh every morning. Good thing I was athletic back then because I♥LOVED♥the Food! I don't know why I never thought to do this before but as I was making lunch it hit me.
Crunchy Potato Burrito... Bueno makes it with a fried potato cake, queso, sour cream, lettuce, choice of beef or chicken. Here's my version.

Ingredients:                     Steamed Tortillas
The kind of tortillas you use really doesn't matter.
The key is how you prepare them. Steaming them makes them have a stretchy texture.
You can control that with the length of time you steam them.

Hash Browns
I had the Ore-Ida Shredded Potatoes

Ground Turkey

Spinach
Any leafy green would do.

Sour Cream
The real kind. I don't understand fat free 'Cream'.
What sort of fillers are they putting in there?

Simply: Season and Brown the turkey. While that's cooking prepare tortillas. I have a collapsible steaming basket that I place in my skillet. With inch of water in the bottom, cover the pan set heat to High. As the water boils place 1-3 tortillas in the basket. This will depend on the tortilla size. Prepare your hash browns according to the brand. Basically fried with a bit of peanut oil until golden crispy.

Ready to eat: For each burrito spread on the sour cream in a center line. Then add the hash browns. Sprinkle on the spinach and meat. Wrap and Done!

I feel weird posting this without pictures. Tsk, tsk. My camera and hard drive are super full. I usually use my phone as back up but it's M.I.A. However I'm happy to be putting together a recipe tute. Enjoy!


In the future I'll be moving my recipe and craft posts next door to HOMEmomMADE.blogspot.com.
If you plan to visit in the next week or so watch out for boxes .)
Make and Share will eventually move too as Home-Mom.com will fully be Product Reviews/Giveaways.



*Attention Blog Friends*
______________________________________________________

I'm just 7 fans away from 500 on facebook. I've been pretty busy hosting my first giveaway last week for reaching 300 fans. I'm not sure which is more work, Blog or Facebok. They are both exciting! If you'd like to get in on the fun. Like Me at www.facebook.com/HomeMom and stay tuned for an upcoming 750 Fan Giveaway. ~20 Sponsors already lines up. Pin It


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...