Gymboree Children's Clothing      
Trying to leave a comment?
Click on the the post's link (title). 
A facebook form is at the bottom.

The Ultimate Blog Party - Welcome to HOMEmomMADE

April 4, 2011

courtesy of: 5MinutesForMom
Time to PARTY! I'm in some desperate need to relieve some stress. Luckily for me the gals over at 5MinutesForMom are hosting their 5th Ultimate Blog Party. I would like to just say I'm fashionably late seeing as it started 3 days ago, that's okay right? The party never gets started really until the middle. For all my new FMFM friends, Welcome and I'm glad you stopped by.

My name is Christy and this is my little piece of the blogsphere. I first started blogging in 2007 after Mr. Dreamy and I decided I could stay home with our then two daughters. Homeschooling also came into the mix and knowing how unorganized I am I wanted a place to document this new journey. I now have four kids and have no clue if we are "done". In summary...
I staycookteach, birth, and soon will work at home.
Why HOMEmomMADE? Originally the name was Home-Mom.com. I thought with this domain my email would read stay@home-mom.com. Get it? Also my twitter handle matched. More recently I've fallen in love with Dana at MADE and Ashley at Make It and Love It, who have inspired me to take out my sewing machine to sew thisthis, and so much more.

I want to finally do what I've always wanted since becoming a mother. To make things for my kids and to work from home. To be a Homemade Mom. I'm the first generation stay at home mom in my family. Also the first to homeschool (well not the first since schooling at home or in a one room school house was once the norm). Our families that we were CRAZY to have home births, now after 3 they know how we roll.

Homemade Mom + Home-Mom = HOMEmomMADE.
My dream is still unfolding right here before your eyes so to speak.




Since beginning this blog in June of 2006 I've made:
cloth diapers, halloween costumes, a few purses, and these cute spring dresses...


You can join the party too! It's not too late. Tonight there is even a Twitter Live Event but make sure to RSVP here.

Follow @5minutesformom  and #UBP11 tonight on Twitter
9-10:30pm Eastern (8 - 9:30 Central Time)
Monday, April 4th, 2011

This will be an hour and a half dedicated to getting to know each other on Twitter with questions about blogging and social media! So if you want to join in to win PRIZES head over to the entry form before midnight (I'm assuming eastern time) April, 8th 2011. There's a HUGE linky to link up to. I love to hop! Good luck everyone.

Pin It


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...