Gymboree Children's Clothing      
Trying to leave a comment?
Click on the the post's link (title). 
A facebook form is at the bottom.

30-Day Challenge
Day 3: Husband Encouragement

August 7, 2010

Seriously the next day after Day 2's challenge Mr. Dreamy showed me one of the greatest acts of kindness. He washed the dishes! I have been off and on exhausted and that day I took a nap on the couch. When I woke up he had done some dishes and really got the ball rolling for me to finish up. You may be wondering why I finished, I'd just let them get backed up that much but also it takes a lot for my hubby to do tedious tasks. Dishes may not seem tedious but there's all sorts of organization that goes on, sorting, and stacking, and so on. It meant so much to me that he attempted such a task unasked. Yep He loves me!

Day Three:                                     "...love suffers long, and is kind..." 1 Cor. 13:4


"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19
ooh, 2 verses ;)

So now I'm on to day 3, maybe if I didn't have 3 kids, I could do this daily but I think doing it weekly helps the message to sink in better. I take each task and really try to chew on it the entire week. This week I am to continue to speak positively to and about my husband. I'm to notice the things he does to help me and encourage and acknowledge them. The study says to be aware that he may not be gentle but I think he is more gentle than me sometimes. We sometimes joke that I'm the "man" because I have more muscle strength then him. I've always been the strong girl (maybe that's why no one messed with me growing up, lol).

Don't complain when he does do something for you in his way. For instance, I'd never tell him because it's just not important, I ended up redoing the dishes he had loaded up. That's what I meant when I said he got the ball rolling. I zoomed through the kitchen that day and got it all clean because he got me started in the right direction.

Nancy says: "...you can't expect your husband to make you feel more secure, loved, etc. Remember that only God can meet the deepest needs of your heart."

To keep up with this challenge follow along with me or visit Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss.








He is the daddy I wish I'd had, our children are so blessed!
Pin It


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...