Gymboree Children's Clothing      
Trying to leave a comment?
Click on the the post's link (title). 
A facebook form is at the bottom.

Homemade Shampoo

July 15, 2010

     Ever think we all would shift back to the good old days? When you didn't need all these crazy chemicals running your life until that's all you depend on. That day has come for me and my family when I discovered how to make my own laundry soap. I've been at it 2 months and love not having to worry about getting to the store just so I could do laundry, hair, diapers, anything really. I've been using the Apple Cider Vinegar on my girl's hair for awhile and it works really well at stripping the stuff off their hair so I can add more stuff to moisturize. Here's the recipe for some homemade shampoo I'm trying inspired by theCheapnChoosy Blog.


What you'll need:
First Keep a box of baking soda in the bathroom
I currently have some in our bathroom we use to brush our teeth with.
Second Apple Cider Vinegar, in a spray bottle ad 1part ACV to 3parts water ex: 1/4cup ACV to 3/4cup water


What you do:

In the shower or bath take a small amount of baking soda and make a paste with the water. Wash your head and scalp. Then rinse and spray hair with your ACV solution. Let it sit then rinse. We have some lavender essential oil and I'll add that to the oil I use in my girls hair to give a fresh smell. The potency of the vinegar fades with time, ~15-20 minutes.

With our textured hair I'm not sure how the baking soda will work, if I'll be able to get it all out or not. I have to wash their hair section by section not in a whole mass (that'd be a mess).



~ Christy


For more green ideas check out
EcoFriendlyandFrugal.com 
Pin It


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...