Gymboree Children's Clothing      
Trying to leave a comment?
Click on the the post's link (title). 
A facebook form is at the bottom.

Baby Formula:
Store Brand vs. Name Brand vs. Recall

November 21, 2010

This post brought to you by PBM Products. All opinions are 100% mine.

What do you consider the perfect food choice for your new born? I just read this article -  Baby Formula: Store Brand or Name Brand. So what is best if you're not choosing breast milk?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recognizes breastfeeding as the gold standard in infant nutrition.The benefits of breastfeeding are indisputable.                      view source
    From that statement you know where I stand, Breast is always best, but (yeah there is a but) some women choose not to breast feed. They can't get the timing right, or they don't like the feeling, or they simply can't do it. I get that and don't want to come off judgmental in anyway. I am a mom who has worked both part time and full time. Pumped my milk on lunch breaks in bathrooms. I've even had the privilege of taking my baby to work with me and breast feed in bathrooms. Breast milk was a priority and still is.
   I'm a stay at home mommy now and have been breast-feeding off and on for the past 6 years. I think it is so funny though how many solicitations we get from formula companies. They really spend money when it comes to advertising. This would be the Name Brands I'm speaking of. With any product if you don't get your name out there you won't sell, customers won't buy, and companies wouldn't survive. Any formula related coupons, newsletters, emails, and such I forward on to a family that can use them. I've heard of people throwing the formula away because of their beliefs and I've even thought of that but I'm also a frugal momma and desire to help someone somewhere save money. I've recently rethought giving formula away because I've also received a recall letter from Similac...
 The letter stated that the recall of the powder formula included:
Certain Similac powder product lines offered in plastic containers. Certain Similac powder product lines offered in 8-ounce, 12.4-ounce and 12.9-ounce cans.
To immediately find out if the Similac product in your possession is affected call (888) 376-2054.
The return process will be explained.
    This made me feel a bit weary of giving formula away, I gave a defective gift, one which could have caused discomfort. There's a group out there sharing the the news that store brand formula faces the same standards as name brand formula and because the store brands spend much less on advertising they can pass the savings on to the customer. They aren't cheaper because of quality but because of the quantity to which they advertise. Which do you prefer? No, really is there a product that you swear by and won't use anything else? In lieu of recalls I'll stick by my body as the producer of the "breast milk ever".
Visit Sponsor's Site
Pin It


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...