Gymboree Children's Clothing      
Trying to leave a comment?
Click on the the post's link (title). 
A facebook form is at the bottom.

31 Day Challenge
Day 1 Write an elevator pitch

July 27, 2010

So I'm a bit late but better than never, right? This blog is almost 2 months old and there is still so much for me to learn. I've joined up with the gals at SITS who are hosting the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, but I didn't buy the book (yes I'm super frugal). It wasn't very expensive but just not in my budget and Mr. Dreamy already sees me spending so much time on this "blog" thing I didn't want to spend money too. Ok, so on to it already.

(like I said I didn't really join, I'm more like crashing the party)

Day1-Write an elevator pitch.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to research what this means. Not only that but I'm to write a short one and a long one. So I looked it up and an elevator pitch is "an overview for an idea of a product, service, or project." Well when I started my blog it was all about me, what I do, how I do it, and what I'd like to do. How can that be in any way entertaining to others? I also wanted to attract readers, host giveaways, and making even a small amount of money would never hurt. I had begun Home-Mom back in 2009 with the idea of making our home life better. Since then its been a venting documentary of sorts. Help me get on track 31DBBB!

Short pitch: Home is where mom is.
Long: Home is wherever mom is, meaning whatever mood mom's in the home will feel it. Helping moms see the connection between home and mom.


I really fell in love with that line, and had happened upon proverbs 14:1 when I was in search of scripture for mothers. It states that the wise woman builds her house (I am strong but not sure I could build a house) but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
At first I thought, well those women were strong back then, they were the ones who built and set up the tents, took care of the babies, and all that good stuff. I started thinking more along the idea of attitude and  actions rather than physical. Acting foolish or wise, it's a choice we have. Based on the outcome a house is built or torn down. I want to leave a legacy greater than the one left for me, even greatly one that will honor God. The kind of legacy he had in mind, that he intended when he created families.

I have a truly important role and really need to take it seriously, its not just cooking, cleaning, diapering, or anything like that it's a relationship. I really enjoyed this exercise and glad I was able to put into words what I've been thinking for some time. I hope it wasn't too wordy.

Pin It


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...